…HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 6 PM PST THURSDAY…
* WHAT…Large waves and hazardous surf conditions expected.
* WHERE…In Washington, the South Washington Coast. In Oregon,
the North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From 8 AM to 6 PM PST Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Destructive waves may wash over beaches, jetties,
and other structures unexpectedly. People can be swept off
rocks and jetties and drown while observing high surf. Minor
beach erosion may damage coastal properties and buildings.
Higher than normal water run-up is expected on beaches and low-
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…There is also an enhanced threat for
sneaker waves, which can unexpectedly run up the beach even
further than the already large waves.
A High Surf Advisory means that high surf will affect beaches,
producing rip currents, sneaker waves and beach erosion. Stay
well back from the water’s edge and be alert for exceptionally
Keep away from large logs on the beach. Sneaker waves can run up
on the beach lifting or rolling these extremely heavy logs. People
have been injured after being caught under these logs from sneaker