North Oregon Coast-Central Oregon Coast-
410 AM PST Sun Jan 12 2020
…BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
* WHAT…Sneaker waves possible.
* WHERE…North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From 7 AM PST this morning through this afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Sneaker waves can suddenly knock people off of their
feet and quickly pull them into the frigid ocean which may lead
to serious injury or drowning. Sneaker waves can lift or roll
large water soaked logs which can lead to serious injury or
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Water rises may be especially high around
the high tide at 2 PM for the north Oregon coast and 1 PM for
the Central Oregon coast.
A Beach Hazards Statement is issued when sneaker waves create
potentially life-threatening conditions in the surf zone. Always
keep an eye on the waves, and be especially watchful of children.
Keep children and pets away from the surf zone, and stay off of
jetties, rocks and logs. If you see someone swept into the sea do
not swim in after them. Call 911 and keep an eye on them until