North Oregon Coast-
Including the cities of Astoria, Cannon Beach, Tillamook,
Netarts, and Pacific City
903 AM PDT Wed Nov 3 2021
…HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 4 PM PDT
* WHAT…South to southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to
60 mph expected.
* WHERE…North Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From 2 AM to 4 PM PDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Strong winds will blow down weak trees. Scattered
power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Winds will initially be strongest on
beaches and headlands early Thursday morning. Winds will shift
more southwesterly around midday Thursday, with strong gusts
possible even for the coastal communities Thursday afternoon.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of
your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if
you must drive.