North Oregon Coast Range-
East Slopes of the Central Oregon Coast Range-
Extreme South Washington Cascades and Foothills-
Eastern Gifford Pinchot National Forest Mt Adams Ranger District-
East Willapa Hills-Clark County Lowlands-
902 AM PDT Thu Aug 3 2017
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS
EVENING FOR SIGNIFICANTLY UNSTABLE CONDITIONS FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 602…603…660…663…665 AND 667…
* Instability…Mid-level Haines 6 and High-level Haines 5 or 6.
* Relative Humidity…as low as 15 percent.
* Timing…Through Thursday evening with main impacts during the afternoons and evenings.
* Affected Area…In Oregon…Fire Weather Zone 602 North Oregon
Coast Range and Fire Weather Zone 603 East Slopes of the
Central Oregon Coast Range. In Washington…Fire Weather Zone
660 Extreme South Washington Cascades and Foothills…Fire
Weather Zone 663 Eastern Gifford Pinchot National Forest Mt
Adams Ranger District…Fire Weather Zone 665 East Willapa
Hills and Fire Weather Zone 667 Clark County Lowlands.
* IMPACTS…Conditions may be favorable for rapid fire spread
and plume-dominated fire behavior which could threaten life
and property. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
unstable conditions, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures
can contribute to extreme fire behavior.